Cell division ensures immortality by producing two daughter cells identically from a mother cell. To prepare its division the cell must replicate its chromosomes and divide them into two identical batches during mitosis. The team studies the regulation of these mitotic processes and their involvement in human pathologies.
The mitose cell successively assembles two architectures of microtubules that will ensure the segregation of chromosomes.
The microtubules of the first bipolar spindle capture and gather all the chromosomes in the center of the cell (in blue on the images). This process ends in metaphase, which when it is reached immediately leads to the separation of sister chromatids. This separation occurs in anaphase due to a shortening of microtubules connecting the chromatids to the centrosomes.
The cell then assembles a second microtubule spindle, the central spindle, between the two batches of separate chromatids. This will continue separation by contributing to increase the distance between the two lots of chromatids during Anaphase B.
In the team, we try to understand how these two spindles are assembled with a focus on the central spindle. We are looking, in particular, to identify and understand the first events that will trigger the assembly of this central spindle.
The team is also very strongly engaged in cancer research. We are seeking to understand how a deregulation of cell cycle controls can participate in the onset of cancer, progression and treatment resistance.
- Duplication and Segregation of Centrosomes during Cell Division. Claude Prigent, Rustem Uzbekov. Cells. 2022, 11(15):2445. Pubmed
- A Journey through Time on the Discovery of Cell Cycle Regulation. Rustem Uzbekov, Claude Prigent. Cells. 2022, 11(4), 704. Pubmed
- An EMT-primary cilium-GLIS2 signaling axis regulates mammogenesis and claudin-low breast tumorigenesis. Wilson MM, Callens C, Le Gallo M, Mironov S, Ding Q, Salamagnon A, Chavarria TE, Viel R, Peasah AD, Bhutkar A, Martin S, Godey F, Tas P, Kang HS, Juin PP, Jetten AM, Visvader JE, Weinberg RA, Attanasio M, Prigent C, Lees JA, Guen VJ. Sci Adv. 7(44):eabf6063. Pubmed
- Ounoughene Y, Fourgous E, Boublik Y, Saland E, Guiraud N, Recher C, Urbach S, Fort P, Sarry JE, Fesquet D, Roche S. SHED-Dependent Oncogenic Signaling of the PEAK3 Pseudo-Kinase. Cancers (Basel). 2021 Dec 17;13(24):6344. Pubmed
- Mitotic timing is differentially controlled by A- and B-type cyclins and by CDC6 associated with a bona fide CDK inhibitor Xic1 in Xenopus laevis cell-free extract. El Dika M, Wechselberger L, Djeghout B, Benouareth DE, Jęderka K, Lewicki S, Zdanowski R, Prigent C, Kloc M, Kubiak JZ. J. Dev. Biol. 65: 487-496 Pubmed
- Mitotic Acetylation of Microtubules Promotes Centrosomal PLK1 Recruitment and Is Required to Maintain Bipolar Spindle Homeostasis. Rasamizafy, S.F.;Delsert, C.; Rabeharivelo, G.; Cau, J.;Morin, N.; van Dijk, J. Cells,10,1859 Pubmed
- Three-Dimensional Imaging of Organoids to Study Primary Ciliogenesis During ex vivo Organogenesis. Duclos, M., Prigent, C., Le Borgne, R., Guen, V. J. J. Vis. Exp. (171), e62365, Pubmed
- Mitochondrial Aurora kinase A induces mitophagy by interacting with MAP1LC3 and Prohibitin 2. Giulia Bertolin , Marie-Clotilde Alves-Guerra2 , Angélique Cheron, Agnès Burel, Claude Prigent, Roland Le Borgne , Marc Tramier. Life Science Alliance : Published Online: 5 April, 2021 Pubmed
- The 20S proteasome activator PA28γ controls the compaction of chromatin. Fesquet D, Llères D, Grimaud C, Viganò C, Méchali F, Boulon S, Coux O, Bonne-Andrea C, Baldin V. J Cell Sci. 2021 Feb 1;134(3):jcs257717. Pubmed
- Reciprocal regulation of Aurora kinase A and ATIP3 in the control of metaphase spindle length. Nehlig A, Seiler C, Steblyanko Y, Dingli F, Arras G, Loew D, Welburn J, Prigent C, Barisic M, Nahmias C. Cell Mol Life Sci. 78(4):1765-1779 Pubmed
- Adherens junctions are involved in polarized contractile ring formation in dividing epithelial cells of Xenopus laevis embryos. Hatte G, Prigent C, Tassan JP. Exp Cell Res. 2021 Mar 1:112525. Pubmed
- PAK1 Regulates MEC-17 Acetyltransferase Activity and Microtubule Acetylation during Proplatelet Extension. Juliette van Dijk , Guillaume Bompard , Gabriel Rabeharivelo, Julien Cau, Claude Delsert, Nathalie Morin. Int J Mol Sci 21(20):E7531 Pubmed
- Alteration of SC35 localization by transfection reagents. Damodaran AP, Courthéoux T, Watrin E, Prigent C. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 1867(4):118650. Pubmed
- Targeting Primary Ciliogenesis with Small-Molecule Inhibitors. Vincent Guen, Claude Prigent. Cell Chem Biol. 27(10):1224-1228. Pubmed
- Microtubule nucleation during central spindle assembly requires NEDD1 phosphorylation on serine 405 by Aurora A. Courthéoux T, Reboutier D, Vazeille T, Cremet JY, Benaud C, Vernos I, Prigent C. J Cell Sci. 132(10):jcs231118. Pubmed
- Microtubule polyglutamylation and acetylation drive microtubule dynamics critical for platelet formation. van Dijk J, Bompard G, Cau J, Kunishima S, Rabeharivelo G, Mateos-Langerak J, Cazevieille C, Cavelier P, Boizet-Bonhoure B, Delsert C, Morin N. BMC Biol. 16(1):116. Pubmed
- Aurora kinase A localises to mitochondria to control organelle dynamics and energy production. Bertolin G, Bulteau AL, Alves-Guerra MC, Burel A, Lavault MT, Gavard O, Le Bras S, Gagné JP, Poirier GG, Le Borgne R, Prigent C, Tramier M. 7:e38111. Pubmed
Group Leader (Research Director DR1)
( CRHC) +33 (0)4 34 35 95 53
(Chercheur DR2) +33 (0)4 34 35 95 52
(Chercheur DR1) +33 (0)4 34 35 95 77
(T-Recherche) +33 (0)4 34 35 95 90
(Chercheur DR2) +33 (0)4 34 35 95 52
(Chercheur CRCN) +33 (0)4 34 35 9
The team is affiliated to the French Society for Cell Biology (SBCF) and C. Prigent is an elected member of the board of the SBCF.
Replace the name and address below with that of the member to contact